Friday, August 27, 2010

ROCK n ROLL FRIDAY MEME ... Elvis!

I love this meme. Anything about music is A OK with me!

Today we picked Elvis. The song titles are in caps. Both the titles and the lyrics are in bold. Here's Rock 'n Roll Fridays!

1. A LITTLE LESS CONVERSATION
“A little less conversation, a little more action please All this aggravation ain't satisfactioning me A little more bite and a little less bark A little less fight and a little more spark Shut your mouth and open up your heart and baby satisfy me (satisfy me) Satisfy me baby”

What is your favorite topic for long conversations?

Music, always.

2. TEDDY BEAR
“Baby let me be, your lovin' Teddy Bear Put a chain around my neck, and lead me anywhere Oh let me be Your teddy bear.”

What was your favorite stuffed animal or comfort object as a child?

I had a baby blanket I named "Ba" that I still have tattered pieces left of. As a young child, I really loved my stuffed dalmation dog named Snoopy that is now perched in my childhood home upstairs in the attic.

3. SUSPICIOUS MINDS
“We can’t go on together With suspicious minds And we can’t build our dreams On suspicious minds…”

What are you suspicious of?

Things that are too good to be true.

4. THE WONDER OF YOU
“When no one else can understand me When everything I do is wrong You give me hope and consolation You give me strength to carry on”…

What is the best feature of your present or last S/O?

He keeps me on my toes.

5. ARE YOU LONESOME TONIGHT
“Do the chairs in your parlor Seem empty and bare? Do you gaze at your doorstop and picture me there? Is your heart filled with pain? Shall I come back again? Tell me dear, are you lonesome tonight?”

What is your favorite feel good movie when you are depressed?

There are a few. My alltime favorite is IF IT'S TUESDAY THIS MUST BE BELGIUM, followed closely by PILLOW TALK and 16 CANDLES.

6. JAILHOUSE ROCK
“Let’s Rock Everybody let’s rock Everybody in the whole cell block Was dancing to the jailhouse rock”…

What would be the worst part about being in prison?

White walls.

7. CLAMBAKE
“Hey listen world you’ve gotta know I’m cutting loose and letting go Who needs the worry and the strife Life can be a ball now just following my life Clambake…gonna have a clambake”…

What is your favorite food cooked out of doors (on a fire/ grill/ pit)?

S'MORES, Steak (Medium Well) and Foil Beef Stew (Girl Scouts camp).

8. IN THE GHETTO
"As the snow flies on a cold and gray Chicago morn A poor little baby child is born in the ghetto And his mama cries cause if there’s one thing that she don’t need Is another hungry mouth to feed in the ghetto”…

Where was the worst place you ever lived?

There were quite a few lemons. I've lived in over 35 places! A rooming house in London comes to mind. I shared a bedroom room with another girl. The landlord was a creep who would try to come into our room at night when he got drunk. He had a sad parrot that lived on a pole in the kitchen and bit anyone who tried to enter it. I never cooked there and kept all my things in a chest by my bed. It was a great location just down the street from Paul McCartneys house and the (underground) tube station, but I never felt comfortable there and moved after only 2 months.
Another place was a studio apartment in Los Angeles. I did not have a good sense of storage ideas back then and had piles of stuff everywhere in the single room I lived in over a year. The 3rd worst place was when my roommate had rented my room thinking I would not show up to live there from CT, so I slept on the floor in the livingroom until I could find another place. It took over 3 weeks to move out. It was near Miami, FL and I awoke on several nights to Palmetto Bugs (roaches kind of) crawling on me.

9. LOVE ME TENDER
“Love me tender Love me sweet Never let me goYou have made my life complete And I love you so”…

What is your favorite type of filling in a box of mixed chocolates?

Chocolate truffle, coconut, orange creme, anything with nuts, and caramel. Choosing one type is a cruel and agonizing thought.

10. BLUE SUEDE SHOES
“Well it’s one for the money Two for the show, three to get ready now go cat go, But don’t you step on my blue suede shoes Well you can do anything but lay off of my blue suede shoes”…

Describe your favorite pair of shoes of all time.

Three pair come to mind...I have owned a lot of shoes! The first was a pair of white GO GO boots I had begged my mother to buy me for Xmas in the 1960s. I wore a hole thru the sole wearing them so much and only gave them up when my feet grew too big to fit them.
The 2nd favorite pair are from when I lived in London and got them from a Camden Town cobbler who had famously outfitted Madness and other English ska bands. They were oxblood colored Doc Marten boots...a big hit in 1980s footwear. They got ruined in a basement apartment I lived in that got flooded a few years ago and I cried when I threw them out.
The 3rd pair are the 2 1/2" gold and glass heeled, goldfish filled dressy shoes I wore often to The DIALTONE disco. I felt very special with these shoes on!

11. HOUND DOG
“You ain’t nothion but a hound dog Cryin all the time You ain’t nothing but a hound dog Cryin all the time You ain’t never caught a rabbit And you ain’t no friend of mine”…

What is your favorite dog breed, or what kind of dog do you own?

PBGB

12. ALL SHOOK UP
“ wella bless my soulWhat’s wrong with me? I’m itchin like a cat on a fuzzy tree My friends say I’m actin wild as a bug I’m in love I’m all shook up Oh oh oh…mm, mmm, oh yeah yeah!"

What shook you up recently?

I've recently moved to CT. The cost of insurance and the process to get my license and register my car there was the most recent shake up.

13. HARD HEADED WOMAN
"A-Well a hard headed woman A soft hearted man Been the cause of trouble Ever since the world began oh Yeah!”

What are you most stubborn about?

I want it my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment