Saturday, September 25, 2010

SUNDAY STEALING meme: I've Been Tagged


Sunday Stealing: The "I've Been Tagged" Meme


1. Where are you from?
Originally Groton, CT near Mystic Seaport and New London. Grew up a hop skip and jump from Pfizer chemical plant...the air stunk and there were an unusually high amount of cancer and tumor-related deaths in our neighborhood...including my mother. I remember orange "stuff" on the laundry she used to hang outside on the line. Had to re-wash clothes many times over the course of my 17 years there.

2. If you could live any place in the world, where would you live?
I don't know yet.

3. What's your favorite blog? I'll check them out of course!
No favs. I enjoy reading different ones for different reasons. Bud got me into this meme stuff, but it's so new, I have not seen many. I wrote 2 blogs before my DJ KathyA Korner blog (which is all memes) and they were regular subjects.

4. What is your biggest blogging pet peeve?
The editing system changes daily and is not user-friendly for graphics and changes.

5. What's your favorite TV show this season? I need a new show! :)
Still watching. I love House, Bones, Lie To Me, and am going to watch Outsourced on Bud's TIVO from the other night.

6. What's your favorite 'down' time {nothing computer related}?
Day trips and photography...and music.

7. Are you a parent? If so, what's your favorite thing to do with your children?
Not a breeder and proud of that.

8. What about your blog, have you considered changing?
Ummm...it's new, so I may, but no immediate plans.

9. What do you do for a living (if you work outside the home or if you work at home)?
I work in customer service for a company that deals with school fundraisers. I get to view children's art all day, which is kinda cool.

10. What is your favorite song at the moment? What is your favorite song ever?
Oh geez...I love so many. I think CIVIL TWILIGHT's "LETTERS FROM THE SKY" is my current favorite. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wa7dFR09vU
My alltime favorite hands down is:  "Always and Forever".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDmMf0533fc

11. What is your favorite niche TV channel to watch?
Niche? My how sophisticated Sir.  Channels...hmmm...I like Sci Fi and HGTV and Bravo and FOX...generally redecorating shows and crime dramas.

12. If you could have any career, what would it be and why?
I went to school originally thinking I would be a musician, but also took courses that would help me become a forensic scientist, like Bones. That never came to be.

13. What is your favorite outfit?
Of all time? As an outfit, my ex-wedding ensemble was my favorite. I felt like a princess. I remember going to my parents house before the wedding to "visit" my veil. lol

14. If you could tell your teenage self something, what would you say?
Straighten up and fly right...lol. Better yet, "Pay more attention to that DJ at the Dialtone....you will be living with him in 35 years"

15. What is your biggest blog pet peeve?
Again you ask? C'Mon...wake up johnny...

16. What is your favorite recipe?
Oy vey...I've got a million of 'em!  I make a terrific "coronary alert" pound cake...also great cookies and banana bread. Anyone wants a recipe just ask...but I cannot select just ONE. Me oh my. 

17. What is the funniest joke you've ever heard?
Three guys in a boat...and this cartoon:



18. What is your favorite vacation spot and why?
Bed. It's the greatest getaway one can have...

19. What are you most excited about with fall here?
LEAVES! New England is breathtaking in Autumn. Also, I make apple butter in the crock pot...yummy smell in the house!

20. Did you envision yourself to be where you are today ten years ago? If not, what did you envision?
I was at the tail end of a bad marriage and would never have imagined I would find a cool guy to live with 10 years later. I envisioned a ball and chain life...thankfully I got the courage to divorce the following year.

21. If money were no object, what would your dream house look like?
Super large ranch in the countryside with a terrific view,  servants and lawncare.

22. What is your all-time favorite Disney movie?
As a kid I liked the cartoons...as an adult, I like the Haley Mills ones.

23. What's your favorite blog to read? Or a blog you think isn't getting enough notice?
No favs...again...I just answered this somewhere else in this meme. Geesh... you hungover my friend?

Thank you for playing this week on Sunday Stealing! 

11 comments:

  1. I've never made apple butter in the crock pot. I'm going to have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with Mama, apple butter in a crock pot sounds interesting. I'm a recipe hound too! I inherited that from my grandfather on Dad's side. He was always gardening and cooking. When he passed away, grandma gave me all his recipe cards and books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Visit my veil"....I like that scenario, a lot!!

    My Sunday Stealing Link...hope you can stop by to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mama and Shawnna...
    Here you go: my recipe!!

    KATHY's APPLE BUTTER
    INGREDIENTS:
    20 apples(peeled,chopped)
    4 Cups Sugar
    2 tsp Cinnamon
    1/4 tsp Ground Cloves
    1/4 tsp Salt
    1 Tblsp Maple Sugar (optional)

    COOKING DIRECTIONS:
    1.Place the apples into a crock pot. In a medium bowl, mix the sugar, cinnamon, cloves, maple sugar and salt. Pour the mixture over the apples and mix well.
    2.Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour.
    3.Reduce heat to LOW and cook 10 hours, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is denser and dark brown.
    4.UNCOVER and continue cooking on LOW for 1 hour. Stir with a whisk, if desired, to increase smoothness. There will be some small chunks.
    5.Spoon the mixture into sterile jars and process 10 minutes (lasts 1 year) OR put in plastic containers and refrigerate (lasts 1 week) OR freeze (lasts 6 months).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hootin'...yep there were happy memories of that wedding outfit. I miss the naive-ness of pre-wedding days! lol Have a great Sunday! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've actually been to Mystic.

    Have a great day!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/09/hey-folks-lets-enable-our-money-tree-a-bit-more/

    Join us for Monday Mayhem!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've actually been to Mystic, too. Oh. Yes, the last time was with you! That's why I liked it a lot. Hey - where did you go? Oh, the apples. That's why you're not here...

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me drooling over the mention of apple butter, so thank you for posting the recipe. It sounds delicious. Not sure I know what maple sugar is, though. Where do you find it? I'm betting the maple really adds something.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ROFLMAO....I love that joke. Too funny. I'm happily not a breeder as well. Great answers my friend. Have a great week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ace, Maple sugar is like light brown sugar, only made from maple syrup. I get it every year in new england at a farmstand. It makes sweet potatoe dishes, apple pie, crisp, and apple butter have a slight maple aftertaste. It is not needed for the recipe to come out great. : ) 20 apples is 1/2 peck or 5 lbs, BTW. Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thom you rascal, knew you would like the cartoon. ;-)

    ReplyDelete