Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wednesday Wickedness MEME: Cher

Ahhh, Wednesday already?

Today we picked CherHere's Wednesday Wickedness!

1. “A girl can wait for the right man to come along but in the meantime that still doesn't mean she can't have a wonderful time with all the wrong ones.” 
Have you ever had a relationship that you knew was wrong, but had fun anyway?
Yep. Call me "Cougar".

2. “Hate crimes are the scariest thing in the world because these people really believe what they're doing is right.” What group of people committing hate crimes in your country scares you the most and why?
Usually the christian nutters scare me. Tolerance is not a family value apparently.

3. “Husbands are like fires - they go out when they're left unattended.” How much effort do you feel a good relationship requires?”
LOTS. Well, maybe not lots...but you have to pay attention.

4. “I won't be able to do what I'm doing forever. There aren't that many scripts floating around for fifty-year-old chicks. Why are there roles for men till they get very old, yet very few roles are written for older women?
Media-induced obsession with youth and stereotyped female desirability.

5. “I've always taken risks, and never worried what the world might really think of me.” Does what other people think effect what you do?
At work, yes. Personally, no.

6. “If you really want something you can figure out how to make it happen.”Do you agree with Cher?
Yes, I reinvent myself all the time.

7. “To me marriage is for five or ten years.” In you experience, can a marriage last forever?
Not so far...

8. “Until you're ready to look foolish, you'll never have the possibility of being great.” When was the last that you felt foolish?
After two glasses of Cupcake Chardonnay last night, tho Bud thought it was fun.

9. “Words are like weapons; they wound sometimes.” What types of things have people said have really hurt you?
Mostly about my appearance. The worst thing said to me is an accusation of something I did not do.

10. “It's not necessary, in order to be a complete person, that I have a man. It's not the end-all, be-all of my life.” Do you need to be in relationship to feel whole?

No. Singlehood is under-rated. While I am very happy now in a relationship, that is actually rare for me.  I enjoyed my single status. I get tired of people who assume you HAVE to be in a relationship to be happy or complete. It all goes back to that stupid nuclear family mindset. 

6 comments:

  1. Cougar? Too funny.

    Have a great Wednesday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/09/wonder-how-many-dogs-want-a-piece-of-gaga/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cougar women unite ;) lol... We can teach those young 20 somethings a lesson right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's about time Hollywood figures out that "older" women are amazing....secure in who we are and we know what we like. ;) Happy Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Christian nut cases are scary as hell. But a lot scares me, like Wife Swap... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I don't understand about the rabid Christian right wing nuts is, if they are Christians, they don't act very "Christ-like."

    I am also tired of the mindset that you need to be part of a couple to be complete. (I know, I say this being married, but it still irks me)

    Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bud, Wife Swap is my guilty pleasure! Wendy,this ex-cougar didn't go below 30 yr olds, lol. I totally agree Ace! Debster, I'm with you. Singles have had to be on the defense for far too long.

    ReplyDelete