Friday, October 22, 2010

SATURDAY 9 meme: I'M SO PROUD

I'm So Proud


Saturday 9 MEME: I'm So Proud


1. What are you proud of?
How I can re-invent myself so easily.

2. What is the best thing you’ve ever won as a prize? How did you win it?
I worked one summer in a holiday collectibles store that featured those ceramic villages. Some of the pieces are quite expensive and many get retired each year as they release new pieces. The store owner had a contest to see who could guess the most "retired" pieces that would be announced that year. I had the biggest list and had worked there the shortest time. I got a Dickens Village Curiousity Shop building as a prize.

3. Tell us about something you've done that in retrospect was a waste of time.
Men and jobs fall into that category for me.

4. How old were you when life changed the most for you? How did it change?
45. I was introduced to age-ism in the workplace, and also had to deal for the first time in my life with age spots and wrinkles. Guys I once dated that I felt were in my best age group, now made me out to be a "Cougar". It was horrifying.

5. Tell us about a place you that you've been that you considered to be very tranquil.
Places in the Berkshires come to mind, but my morning shower is meditative and tranquil also.

6. Who is your favorite news anchor/reporter? Why?
I don't have a favorite but I don't like the ones who have an opinion or an agenda and don't report the facts.

7. If you were to have the opportunity to name a new town or city, what would you call it? Why?
Shangri-la...just sayin.

8. What is something about which you've always wondered but have not yet found a good answer?
Why intelligent people become Christian fanatics.

9. When you can't go to sleep, what is your personal remedy to help yourself drift into Lullabyland?
I usually don't have trouble sleeping and I don't take sleeping meds.

9 comments:

  1. Well if you ask me, being a cougar is much better than being a Jack Ass ROFLMAO!!! I'm so with you on number 8 :) Great answers. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cougar doesn't sound that bad :)
    You must be interesting enough to be a cougar LoL
    Have a great weekend there
    Risma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're right -- most people don't appreciate how rejuvenating or settling a shower can be. Somehow everything looks better from under a head of fresh, clean hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "reinvent" can also be seen as "growth"
    Too true about fanatics.


    Have a good Saturday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/10/have-you-remembered-to-do-it/

    ReplyDelete
  5. #3, I figured the 'men' one out before I even thought of dating. ^_^
    #8, not all of them are intelligent though. Religious fanatics period, boggle the mind. They contradict themselves a lot too, which is pretty much why I avoid religion. It's not that I don't believe, it's that I don't believe in their BS. (The fanatics that is.) Have a great weekend Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about age-ism in the workplace, for me it was 58 when I got hit with age-ism. That is when I got laid-off

    I have way too many age spots and wrinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes Diana. It is hard starting over in the 50s. You look fine from here. : )

    ReplyDelete