Friday, February 11, 2011

ROCK N ROLL FRIDAYS meme: Rolling Stones

Hi I'm DJ KathyA! Welcome to Rock 'n Roll Fridays. We are like other memes in that we will ask you thirteen questions each and every Friday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a singer, band, era or category and pick thirteen of their songs. Each of our questions will be based on the lyrics.
Today we picked The Rolling Stones.






1. As Tears Go By : “It is the evening of the day. I sit and watch the children play. Doing things I used to do, they think are new...”
What do you miss about being a young child?
Daydreaming about the future.

2. She’s A Rainbow : “Have you seen her all in gold, like a queen in days of old. She shoots colors all around, like a sunset going down…”
If you could be a royal figure, whom would you like to be? This could be a past or ancient royal as well.
Someone English. Perhaps in the Elizabethan era. I love that country.

3. I Can’t Get No Satisfaction : “When I’m watchin my TV and that man comes on to tell me how white my shirts can be…”
What is your favorite current commercial?
TROUBLE The Dog Insurance Ad

4. Beast of Burden : “I’ll never be your beast of burden. My back is broad, but it’s a hurtin…”
What were you doing the last time you hurt your back?
Shoveling snow.

5. Brown Sugar : “Gold Coast slave ship bound for cotton fields, sold in a market down in New Orleans…”
If you hired a maid, what tasks would you have her do?
Bathroom, Laundry, Kitchen...

6. Paint It Black : “I see a red door and I want it painted black. No colors anymore, I want them to turn black…”
What is your favorite wall color?
Roasted Cashew

7. Miss You : “Well I’ve been haunted in my sleep, you’ve been starring in my dreams. Lord I miss you. “
Who has been starring in your dreams lately?
The T-Rex keeps coming back.

8. Under My Thumb : “It’s down to me, oh that’s what I said. The way she talks when she’s spoken to. Down to me, the change has come, she’s under my thumb…”
Has anyone ever been under your thumb?
I know it's not Bud!

9. Emotional Rescue : "I will be your knight in shining armour, coming to your emotional rescue…”
Have you ever been to a therapist? If not, would you ever seek professional help for emotional issues?
When my mother was diagnosed with inoperable colon cancer, I went to a therapist about 9 visits to help me prevent freaking out at the perceived tragic events to come. She managed to enlighten me to the fact that my love of eating ice cream was a way of "freezing my problems".

10. Ruby Tuesday : “Don’t question why she needs to be so free. She’ll tell you it’s the only way to be…”
Do you prefer to be free or settled down?
I've been both and both have plus and minus facts. I love freedom, but am enjoying a committed relationship right now.

11. Mother’s Little Helper : "Things are different today, I hear every mother say. Cooking fresh food for a husband’s just a drag, so she buys an instant cake and she buys a frozen steak…”
What is your favorite convenience or frozen food?
I like frozen meals, veggies, tater tots, chicken kievs, and desserts. For packaged foods, Mac n Cheese, Rice a Roni, Hormel chili, and Spaghettios top the bill. I make mostly fresh food however.

12. Gimme Shelter : “Oh a storm is threatening my very life today, If I don’t get some shelter, Oh yeah I’m gonna fade away…”
Have you ever been in a tragic fire, flood or storm where damage was done to your home or apartment?
I had just moved into a basement apartment and all my boxes were still on the floor when it got flooded and ruined many of my floppy discs, cassette tapes, photos and my favorite pair of Doc Marten boots that I got in England. I was devastated and moved within a few months.

13. Sympathy For The Devil : “Please allow me to introduce myself, I’m a man of wealth and taste, I’ve been around for a long long year, stole many a man’s soul and faith…”
Who is the sleaziest man you know currently?
Probably that Egyptian fellow they want out of office right now.

3 comments:

  1. I forgot about "Trouble." He is so cute. Our maids have the same chore list. Did the therapist really help you? I'm not laughing at you, cause hey, whatever works is good, but me? If someone said the ice cream bit to me I'd be out of there. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "That Egyption fellow" is just a perfect way to put it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jumping Jack Flash is both my favorte movie and song. I was under my Dad's thumb for 20+ years, until they finally divorced. No not ever, just not often enough to have a favorite. Though 'Trouble' is cute. I'm off work...it'll be a awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete