Tuesday, February 15, 2011

WEDNESDAY WICKEDNESS meme: Salma Hayek

Today Janera picked Salma Hayek. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!

1. Every woman who thinks she is the only victim of violence has to know that there are many more.
Do you know someone that has been a victim of domestic violence?
Yes. Very difficult to break the cycle when one has attracted abusive spouses again and again and doesn't press charges.


2. I became obsessed with all these women who die never feeling they did anything extraordinary with their lives.
What woman do you feel has made a significant contribution to society over the last decade?
Oprah.


3. I have a farm and I love it there. There's really nothing to do, but even watching the chickens, its fun.
Have you ever considered life on a farm (perhaps with a pig named Arnold)?
Yes! BUT...I hate working with plants or with buggy dirt and am not into the barnyard smells and natural ...I'm too citygal for a farm, but I love to visit them and I always stop at farmstands and try to buy local farm products.


4. I proved to myself that if I believe in something and set my mind to it I could actually accomplish it.
Do you think that’s true of everybody in all situations?
Yes, but many people give up before they make it. Many put walls up and set filters. Fear of success?


5. I really do love Diana Ross; I grew up listening to her records. I grew up in a little town in Mexico, so while we got the music, we never got the experience of watching her.
Who is you favorite Motown era artist?
Temptations, Four Tops, Chi-Lites, Jackson 5, too many to mention.


6. I think it's nice for women to try to be sexy for their man.
How much time to you spend getting “sexy” for a partner?
Time? It varies. I have to meditate in the shower to get the stresses of the day out of my system first.


7. I'm good at working, but I'm very good at playing.
How do balance work and play in your life?
Not so far.


8. I've stolen a couple of hearts and they are in my private collection!
Do you think that you’ve ever broke someone’s heart?
I know I have...and others have broken mine.


9. My driving abilities from Mexico have helped me get through Hollywood.
Do you think that you drive well?
Yes.


10. Some men have a silly theory about beautiful women - that somewhere along the line they'll turn into a monster.
Do you feel that someone’s looks has a lot to do with their behavior?
I know a lot of good looking guys who are high maintenance. Used to getting their way by the boyish charm and twinkling eyes. Met a few on Match.com....

3 comments:

  1. #4, Yeah, I agree. Some people set themselves up for failure.
    #10, Why does that not surprise me? I'm sure despite their 'how many ever points of compatibility' that EHarmony has some bad ones too. Plus you got to consider that some of them might lie to get a better score or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of Oprah, but thought until I thought of someone else. lol Getting rid of the stress first is a good idea. I read somewhere that the sexiest thing a woman can do is be confident in herself....that sounds so much easier than figuring out how to wear 4 shades of eye shadow at once. :P

    Happy Hump Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy, I do the eye shadow thing... ;-)

    ReplyDelete