Wednesday, September 7, 2011

WTF MEME: Facebook and other things....

Wednesday, September 7, 2011 WTF MEME
Dogs on surf boards join a Facebook status chain

1) Last week women on Facebook started another one of those supposed "raise breast cancer awareness" status chains which end up just confusing men. This one had me saying "I'm 14 weeks and craving Skittles." Instantly people started asking me if I was pregnant. This has angered some people (including a blogger who posted a rant about it because she says that "pretending you're pregnant isn't cute"). What do you think of status chains like this?
I put them in the same category as the stoopid games where people collect items for their virtual farms.  FB has many positive attributes and I love it. I ignore the chain letter type of posts. I have a few friends who do that kind of thing. I like them anyway.

2) Do you think people should be able to buy music and share it with everyone he or she wants or should everyone have to purchase the songs themselves?
Music is universal love. Sharing it should never be illegal.

3) How often do you (or your significant other) vacuum your house?
I have a spider problem, so vacuum almost daily. Bud does not vacuum his place...he has a maid.

4) Monday was National Cheese Pizza Day. What toppings do you like on your pizza?
Sorry I missed it. I like green pepper, hamburger and extra cheese. I love a nice crust too.

5) The Thought Catalog has posted a list of great songs to cry to. What is a song that can easily bring you to tears?
That dammm xmas song about the kid buying shoes for his dying mother.

6) Beanie babies were a big craze in the 1990s. What is a toy that you collect or used to collect?
I had a fabulous collection of marble and I also loved plastic dinosaurs....they used to sell a bunch of them in a big plastic bag.

7) Buddy, a 14-year-old Jack Russell Terrier, will be the first animal inducted into the Surf Dog Hall of Fame. Do you enjoy seeing animals do crazy stunts?
I get suspicious when a dog does an unusual trick. I see a semi-abusive owner making that dog do something that a dog would never do in the natural world. That goes for skateboarding bulldogs too.

8) September is Fall Hat Month. Do you like to wear hats? If so, what type of hats are your favorites?
I love hats. I also like wigs...guess they are like hats in a way. I wear them in every season except Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment